Tuesday, March 29, 2011

SURPRISE!!!! I'M HOME!!!!!!

So I had the biggest surprise of my life, well not really because I had a phone call that ruined part of the surprise, but it was a surprise nonetheless.

Brett told me that he would be returning home on March 21st. I was excited and bummed all at the same time because I had a 3 day weekend the starting the 18th for spring break. (yeah, students get a whole week off and I get only ONE DAY. thanks pres. loftin) I really wanted him home for that 3 day weekend. Well, my mom had the whole week off for spring break and she wanted to help me do a spring clean at my house and get some curtains that whole week. She ended up splitting the week up between me and my 2 brothers (2 days with each). She drove down the night of Mon the 14th and stayed until Wed evening. My brother in Montgomery had our truck so I rode with Mom and met up with my brother and his wife who drove our truck so I could get it back. Then drove it home at about 9pm.

To back up a bit, the phone call I got was Tues night from a sister missionary, who was on her mission with her husband, from Brett's ward on base just letting me know how great Brett is as a man/soldier and how much they will miss him and want us to look them up the next time we are in Utah. She also mentioned that he would be traveling home the next day and be in my arms by nightfall. So of course I'm confused. How could he be in my arms tomorrow night when he said he wasn't going to be home for another 6 days?

So the whole next day I was anxious with the thought that maybe he was going to surprise me and I have always wanted that. I always see those videos online about soldiers coming home and surprising their families and thought it would be awesome if that happened to me. And when I drove the truck home at 9pm I started thinking that maybe the sister missionary was wrong. So I got ready for bed and finally laid down at 10pm since I had work in the morning.

Well, at around 10:30pm my doorbell rings. So of course I'm freaking out because I'm half asleep (so is my dog, Ruti) and we both are scared awake by the doorbell. Who would be at my door that late at night. Ruti is barking at the front door from the kitchen, and if you know my house that's a good 15 feet or more, and glancing at me with this scared looked. So I get up and throw on some clothes, try to calm down Ruti as I do so, grab my Walther PK380 gun and slowly go to the door. Fortunately I've been keeping the porch light on at night and I could see who is standing at my door.

My heart stopped and I got butterflies in my stomach when I realized who was there, BRETT!!!! At first my thought was, am I dreaming. I've been having dreams about Brett almost every night ever since he left. So I'm setting the gun down as I'm unlocking the door and then open it and sure enough, there is my husband all dressed in his army finest. I jump into his arms and still keep asking my self, am I dreaming. He then proceeds to tell me that I don't have work the next day and that we will have a 4 day weekend together. WHOOP!!!! HOOAH!!!!

Apparently my whole family knew and my work knew that Brett was coming home earlier that he was telling me. Everyone did well with keeping the secret except for that sister missionary. He actually came home when he was suppose to, but was just telling me later so he could surprise me. So romantic. I'm happy as ever to have my husband back and since it was a surprise I have no pictures of the night, but hopefully I painted a good picture for you.

2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet! :) I'm glad he was able to get home safely and be with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous surprise! I also love how you have a Walther; bit surprising and not at the same time. Enjoy your time together!

    ReplyDelete