Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hurricane Harbor

Brett and I got to go to Hurricane Harbor for free last Saturday. One of Brett's coworkers also works for McDonald's and they gave him two free tickets to Six Flags Arlington. He didn't want them so he took them to Kroger and gave them to Brett. We were planning on going in the first place, so it worked out nicely. We drove up to Dallas the night before and stopped in Palestine for a friend's wedding reception. It was fun and frustrating at the same time b/c we got lost. Oh well. The next morning we got a little slow start, mostly b/c Mom sold our old couch and chairs that Scott had to our neighbor and we had to get it out of the packed garage.

Once we got to Hurricane Harbor, it was fun. Apparently I still get really nervous with water slides and want to chicken out. Brett got me on a few and they were fun, but I am still not too sure if I'll do them again. We wanted to stay much longer, but the park closes at 6 and we did not know that. We got to play for at least 5 hours though AND we did not get sunburned thanks to Mary Kay's sunscreen SPF 30. Brett was skeptical at first b/c apparently only Bull Frog works for him and preventing sunburns. He is now a believer. Whoop!!! So everyone should try it. I sell it so just let me know if you want it!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for outings! It takes me a bit to work up the courage to go on some of those water slides, you're not the only one. Love the plug for Mary Kay!

    ReplyDelete