Thursday, May 7, 2009

Changes at work

My department finally hired a new person and her name is Codi. It has been really nice to have less stress with the amount of work I had to do. Now I don't have to worry about monthly payroll and the little accounting payments we have to do. I do feel like all I've been doing is just sitting and watching, but that's ok with me at the moment. However, she was at training all day yesterday so I was able to do a lot more and really cleaned off my desk. I even was able to pass on my inventory paperwork to be signed off, which means my part is done. WHOOP!!! Inventory is not fun.

For those of you who don't know what I do for a living, I'm a Business Associate I in the Mathematics Dept at A&M. I deal with Accounts payable, Travel, Payroll (now just bi-weekly), HR, and Inventory. My supervisor, Sharon, is the Business Coordinator. Codi and I do the same stuff thus with the same title. The university works with two research companies, if you will, called Research Foundation (RF) and Texas Engineering Experiment Station (TEES). RF uses the same accounting system as A&M, which is helpful if we need to do something with them, but our faculty should deal with them directly for payments and stuff. TEES is another story and I am the only person in the office who knows how to process payments, which is kind of cool and kind of not. I'm the only one, but it adds more work. Oh well. I truly love my job and I think it is an absolute blessing that I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment